The Online BOSH is made up of six units with eighteen modules.
This course may be finished in five to twelve (5-12) weeks, if you consistently devote one to two and a half hours per day, considering your workload. Of course, you are not restricted to this schedule. You can do one or more modules when you have more time and skip working on the modules during busy days.
By the end of this course, you are expected to demonstrate the basic knowledge and skills on occupational safety and health (OSH) that will enable you to plan and/or develop your company’s Safety and Health Program.
Specifically, you should be able to:
- identify existing & potential OSH hazards and describe their effects to the human body;
- relate the effects of occupational illnesses and accidents to individuals, their families, communities and workplaces;
- determine the appropriate control measures for specific hazards;
- describe the elements of the Philippine OSH situation;
- describe the roles and functions of safety officers in promoting a safe and healthy work environment;
- identify the components of an OSH program; and
- develop a workplace-specific OSH re-entry plan.